Thursday, January 2, 2014

CMH Rugby Player receives national scholarship

Eileen Lieb, CMHS ’13 (committed to U-Northern Iowa), joins fellow CMH alumni Katie Mueller ’12 (Penn St) and Amanda Pohle ’08 (Marquette) as a recipient of the prestigious Kevin Higgins Scholarship Grant to student–athletes continuing their rugby career in college.
.
Eileen said that “Playing rugby has also helped me spiritually. Losing four of my brothers, including my twin brother who was born with Down syndrome, was hard on my family and I never did understand why it happened to us. As I struggled with these questions my (CMH) team stood by me. We all shared stories of why we play and I told them I play for my brothers. I have been given life and talent so I must give them something to be proud of. I am determined to live my life to the fullest and reach every potential.” 

For Eileen’s full story, click here.  

For information on the Higgins Scholarship, click here.  
 

No comments: