Monday, March 5, 2012

WSMA Awards!

Congratulations to all performers in the Wisconsin School Music Association Solo & Ensemble District Festival held at Waukesha South High School on Saturday March 3rd!

At annual WSMA festivals, held all over the State, student musicians perform pieces grouped by difficulty (Class A, B, and C, with A being the most challenging) before professional adjudicators and receive ratings on a scale from I – V (I being superior), as well as constructive feedback on their performance. Exceptional performances of Class A pieces receive a *I rating and are eligible to advance to a State-level Festival.

Scott Bembenek received a III for his Class B alto saxophone solo
Brad Bodus received a III for his Class B drumset solo
Justin Lee received a III for his Class A clarinet solo.
Jessica Pawlak received a II for her Class B vocal solo
Kaitlin Trokan received a II for her Class B flute solo
Kaitlin Trokan and Jenny DeNardis received a II for their Class A violin/clarinet duet
Dan Czarnecki received a II for his Class A Tenor Saxophone solo.
Frank Seipel received a II for his Class A trumpet solo
Chris Setzke received a II for his Class A alto saxophone solo
Evan Wetzel received a II for his Class A trumpet solo
Abby Vandenhouten and Anyssa Stanley-Reckin received a I for their Class C vocal duet
Christian Erickson received a I for his Class C piano solo
Mitchell Fagan received a I for his Class B classical guitar solo
Jenny DeNardis, Haley Lange, Mary Biedingmaier, and Sarah Gorczany received a I for their Class B clarinet quartet.
Jon Setzke received a I for his Class B snare drum solo
Maggie Czarnecki received a I for her Class B vocal solo
Kelli Piatt received a I for her Class A oboe solo
David Wittmann received a *I for his Class A piano solo and is eligible to advance to State!!
Jenny DeNardis received a I* for her Class A clarinet solo and is eligible to advance to State!!
Kelli Piatt received a I for her Class A Oboe solo.
Dan VerBockel received a *I for his Class A Trombone solo and is eligible to advance to State!!
Alec Aldred received *I’s for Class A Trumpet solos in both Jazz and Classical styles, and is eligible to advance to State!!

Congratulations to all!

No comments: