Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Message 2011



Thanksgiving 2011

Dear members of the CMH Family:

The Roman philosopher Cicero once said that “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the father of all the others.” I often ask myself, do I live my life showing my thanks for graces and blessings given often enough?

Last week, I was asked on a radio program what I am most thankful for. The answer was easy – I am thankful that I am so happy in my priesthood and constantly find joy in my work. I am thankful that Archbishop Listecki gave me a three year extension as president of CMH. I am thankful that I can still serve the archdiocese as judicial vicar, and still teach at Marquette’s Law School. I am thankful to everyone who helps me to serve the Church with holiness and commitment.

I am thankful for CMH! Thankful that it is a place of vision – our Vision 2020 Strategic Plan sets out the school’s roadmap for the next eight years. I am thankful that this is a place of great education – our teachers and staff give their all for every student who comes to our halls. I am thankful that we so effectively guide a new generation of faith-filled young people to reach their God-given potential – our family atmosphere, high expectations, and wealth of opportunities, make CMH a place of success for all. I am thankful that CMH is a place that prepares kids for college and for adult life – at CMH wisdom, discernment, and moral decision-making are the character traits we seek to affirm.

Most importantly, I am thankful that CMH is a community dedicated to service. Because of the blessings which we have been given in life, it is only right that from that thankfulness flow acts of charity and sacrifice.

I am thankful to all members of the CMH family for the acts of service, charity, and support which you extend to us. Because of your generosity, all that we succeed in doing is made possible.

I pray that you and your family will have a blessed family celebration of Thanksgiving. I pray also that you will continue to show your thanks for what CMH is by continued prayers and generous support.

Our Lady of Memorial, pray for us.

Sincerely yours in Christ,


Very Reverend Paul B. R. Hartmann
President

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a blessed Thanksgiving Father Paul.

David and Leslie (Schulte) Baylor(91)