Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Service Club Thanksgiving Dinner of the community


Tonight Catholic Memorial hosted our annual Service Club Thanksgiving Dinner. Today alone, about 100 students, faculty, staff, and parents came to help prepare and serve a full Thanksgiving meal for members of the Waukesha community. This does not include the many who helped to plan, prepare, and provide food for the meal. In all, we were blessed with about 200 guests to share a meal with. The spirits were high as we celebrated Thanksgiving together as family. Our guests laughed, shared stories, reminisced about past Thanksgiving meals, and enjoyed each others’ company. We cooked as much as in previous years and almost ran out. But God provides and we had just enough for those who came.


The meal is advertized to be for anyone in need of a warm meal and friendly conversation and that was certainly what it was.


The Catholic Memorial annual Thanksgiving dinner is a great occasion for anyone in the community to enjoy friendly conversation and a terrific hot meal. My experience in helping to cook this year’s dinner was rewarding. I met new people and got to know others better. I felt like I made a difference in people’s lives by participating in this year’s dinner. Seeing the smiling faces across the cafeteria made me feel thankful. I am thankful to be a student at Catholic Memorial and I am thankful for all the blessings in my life. I hope that everyone who came to the Thanksgiving dinner had a wonderful time, and that they have blessings in their lives to be thankful for too.

-Alyssa Opiela, Freshman

Many thanks are due to all who helped to make this meal possible! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: