Thursday, November 4, 2010

Get to know... Kate Acker

from today's Waukesha Freeman --


Get to know ... KATE ACKER

School/Sport -- Catholic Memorial/Volleyball
Coach -- Ted Schulte
Class In School/Age -- Senior/17

Also In My Family Are: my mother, Mary, who used to be in marketing; my father, Mike, a vice president of appraisal at M&I Bank; and my brothers, Luke, 19, who goes to St. Thomas (Minn.); and Joey, 12, a seventh-grader at St. John Vianney in Brookfield.



The Athletic Accomplishment I Am Most Proud Of Is: making the Milwaukee Sting when I was in fifth grade. I worked so hard, and it was the biggest relief when I made it.



My Favorite Subject In School Is: digital imagery.

My Favorite Teacher Is: Mrs. Maas, who teaches math.

My Favorite Movie Is: “Breakfast Club.”

My Favorite Recording Artist Is: Stevie Wonder.

My Favorite TV Show Is: “Modern Family.”

The Best Meal My Mother Makes Is: tacos.

A Bad Habit I Have Is: texting more than I should.

A Pet Peeve I Have Is: when people chew with their mouths open.

The Thing I Do Best Outside Of Athletics Is: being kind.

The Person I’d Most Like To Meet Is: Barack Obama.

The Last Time I Cleaned My Room I Found: money.

Nobody Ever Says I’m: shy.

My Most Memorable Experience Is: winning the state title last year.

My Most Prized Possession Is: photo albums that I have from growing up.They’re pretty embarrassing.

One Thing People Might Not Know About Me Is: I can throw a football pretty far, and I throw a good spiral.

One Thing I Would Change About Myself Is: I wish I could sing.

One Thing At My School I Would Change Is: to have air conditioning.

I See Myself In 10 Years Doing: something creative, probably in advertising or communications.

I Wish Coach Schulte Would: read poetry to us. Our sophomore year he used to, and we wish he’d do that a little bit more.

No comments: