Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Apologies for being out of touch

Yesterday, my traveling companions and I took the train to Paris. We had a series of wonderful experiences. I lit candles for the CMH community at the Cathedral of Notra Dame de Paris as well as at the Basillica de Sacra Coeur.

Given France's historic connections, my prayer at Notre Dame was an invocation of CMH's patron of Our Lady of the Rosary and Our Lady of Memorial.

As I was lighting a votive candle at Notre Dame for all of you, a women from Japan asked me, "Who do you pray for?" When I said "my 750 students and their teachers" she asked a very penetrating question..."Do they deserve prayers?" To which I easily and proudly replied "Yes, they deserve everything I can offer."

Sacre Coeur, or the church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, is another place where I lit candles for all of the CMH community, and made particular intentions for the needs of the CMH students who are in ill-health and seeking healing.

Le Basillica de Sacre Coeur, probably surpasses ever Notre Dame in beauty and nobility. To pray, and celebrate mass here was a special moment in my priesthood.
Mr. Hall and others keep me updated in tghese days that I am away. Thank you to them. Please keep me in your prayers as I travel, and I wll keep all of you in mine.

No comments: