Monday, March 29, 2010

Wisconsin School Music Association Recognitions

from CMH Music and Band Director, Peter Lange --

Congratulations to all performers in the Wisconsin School Music Association Vocal, Piano, and Strings Solo & Ensemble District Festival held at Waukesha West High School on Saturday March 27th! At annual WSMA festivals, held all over the State, student musicians perform pieces grouped by difficulty (Class A, B, and C, with A being the most challenging) before professional adjudicators and receive ratings on a scale from I – V (I being superior), as well as constructive feedback on their performance. Exceptional performances receive a I* rating and are eligible to advance to a State-level Festival.

On March 27th:

Lizzie Olgiun and Sydney Royston received II’s for their Class B vocal solos.
Sara Twitchell received a I for her Class B vocal solo.
Nancy Lee received a III for her Class A violin solo.
Maggie Berens and Shannon Fuller received II’s for their Class A vocal solos
Anna Schulte and Haley Henschel each received I’s on their Class B piano solos, AND a I on their Class B duet.
Charley Seeger received a I for her Class A vocal solo AND a I for her Class B piano solo.
Julie Lee received a I* for her Class A piano solo and is eligible to advance to State
Meggie Moyer received a 1* for her Class A vocal solo and is eligible to advance to State

Congratulations to all!

No comments: