Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Love was in the air....

Following last weeks story of the couple who first met at the CMH Freshman picnic and then years later the man proposed on the same spot where they met.

Tom and I were both in Mr. Denk's religion class during second semester of our Junior year. Mr. Denk assigned student seating according to their last name which meant that Tom and I sat in the same row, one in front of the other. Mr. Denk also had a tradition that at the beginning of every class we would all stand and when he handed back your previous assignment you could sit.

I'm sure you know where this is going but Tom and I were always among the people left standing. This is how we first struck up a conversation. We aren't proud that we were late turning in our assignments but I believe that God works in mysterious ways and led us to each other. Tom later asked me to senior homecoming and prom, this is where it all began...

We were married on May 2nd, 2009, just a few months ago. As we grew with each other, we often discuss the days when we passed each other without a word in the halls of CMH and how we wished that we had been gutsy enough to start talking years earlier....

When people ask how we met, I reply, "in Religion class".... their response is always the same, "That's what you tell Grandma, how did you really meet?"...

No comments: