Friday, April 24, 2009

Confessions and Mass with the CMH Seniors

Last night, from before dinner until late in the evening, I spent time at the retreat center in Lake Delton where CMH senior classes have been going for almost 30 years to celebrate sacraments with our present seniors.

I hope you've read some of the recollections about senior retreat from alumni that are coming to me through my facebook page. More are coming in by the hour. If my six hours with them showed me anything, I anticipate that these young men and women will be able to make the same testimonials for decades to come.

The confessions were sincere and deep, the sharing among students was heartfelt and loving, and celebration of the Eucharist was powerful and moving. (They actually could be heard singing!)

Thanks to Mr. Brzeski and the faculty and volunteer leaders who make this retreat possible. Thank you to the Seniors who take it seriously.

Fr. Paul

No comments: