Monday, February 23, 2009

Our loss, but still a gain.

If I may offer some non-CMH news.

You have probably heard, Pope Benedict XVI has named Archbishop Timothy Dolan to be the next Archbishop of New York.

I have had the great honor of working closely His Excellency these last seven years, and he has taught me more about priesthood and leadership than I will ever be able to fully identify, nor fully offer my thanks.

The Archbishop has always been a great friend of CMH. Personally, pastorally, and professionally, he will be greatly missed.

His departure will certainly be our loss, but his role as head of the archdiocese in the "Capital of the World" will be a gain for the American, and the universal, Catholic Church.

I hope to be able to travel to New York for his installation in April. We shall see if the details can be worked out.

Let us keep His Excellency in our prayers as he prepares for a transition. Let us pray for the presence of the Holy Spirit in our midst as we make the transition. Let us pray that wisdom and insight guide Pope Benedict as he chooses the man to be the 11th Archbishop of Milwaukee.

Our Lady of Memorial, pray for him!

No comments: