Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Of Christmas cards, trees, snow days and a financial controller..


Random thoughts on the eve of the eve...

I am just about finished with all of the Christmas cards that I am sending out as President of CMH. To those who normally recieve them from me as family and friends -- please expect a St. Patrick's Day card instead.

At the beginning of Advent, I put up a Christmas tree in my office. While I have never put up my own tree before, over the years I have collected boxes and boxes of ornaments. It's about time I put them to use. If you are visiting CMH anytime soon, feel free to stop by my office and see the tree. I will keep it up well into the New Year. For the Church, the "Christmas Season" does not end until the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord, or Candlemas, on February 2nd.

After lots of questions, passionate pleas, big promises, and even begging from the students (and some faculty), it did come to pass that last Friday was a snow day. I hope that everyone enjoys their full 17 days of vacation. (I also hope that the parents of those begging students realize how many kids promised that their parents would double their Crusader Fund gifts if there was a snow day.)
*
Lastly, you may have heard that CMH has begun a search for a financial Controller. It will be hard to properly replace Sandi Keyser who has been with us for decades, but we will try. I can only hope that we find someone with as much commitment and devotion to CMH as Sandi has shown. If you, or someone you know, might be interested, please take a look at the ad at milwaukeejobs.com
*
I am keeping an eye on the Crusader gifts -- I hope that there will be more good news to offer right after Christmas.

No comments: