Saturday, December 6, 2008

A First for Me: Attending an entire Wrestling Meet



From the Waukesha Freeman Online:

Catholic Memorial's Alex Radish stares at the hand of Waukesha South's Kyle Johnson in their varsity wrestling match at 140 pounds on Thursday at CMH. Radish won the match, 14-2.


On Thursday night I attended my first wrestling meet in its entirety (JV and Varsity). I have to admit it was great to see how hard those guys work and the strategy they put into the competition. I just wish we had more guys out for the sport so that we could fill every weight class. Were it not for the unfilled matches, we would most certainly would have won the overall meet against Waukesha South. South actually had a female wrestler. I am not sure what I want to say about that. Our wrestler won, but there is just something about the whole concept...

I will try to attend more of their wrestling meets in the future. I have a goal to make sure that attend an event for every CMH sports team or club at least once in my first year. (Technically, I have to admit that I have already failed since I did not get to a Girls Golf Match or a Rugby match in the fall. I will work on that next year, I promise.)

***************

I, and some CMH student speakers, will be at all the masses at St. Anthony's, Pewaukee, this weekend. If you are in the area, join us for mass and a chance to raise the profile of CMH.

No comments: